Backyard Habitat Certification Program
Gresham is home to birds and butterflies, bats, tree frogs, rare turtles and flying squirrels. Your yard can be valuable habitat for these animals, and provide years of lasting enjoyment and learning for you and your family.
That’s why the City of Gresham has partnered with the Audubon Society of Portland and Columbia Land Trust to bring you the Backyard Habitat Certification Program, a program customized for Gresham and Fairview. Homes as well as schools, public institutions and businesses – any place with a yard – are all eligible for certification.
The service includes a visit from a dedicated East County expert who will identify invasive weeds and suggest beneficial native plants and other outdoor features that attract and support wildlife.
For $35, participants receive:
- A home visit by appointment.
- A report with recommendations for your yard.
- Advice on stormwater management and bird houses.
- Ten free native plants and other free resources like gardening coupons.
- Access to the fall annual native plant sale offering deep discounts over retail prices.
- A beautiful certification sign for your yard.
Apply today at Audubon Society of Portland and Columbia Land Trust Backyard Habitat Certification Program.
For more information contact:
Backyard's Certified Technician, Suzi Cloutier at 503-341-1102 or the City's Watershed Steward, Keri Handaly at Keri.Handaly@GreshamOregon.gov or 503-618-2657.
The Backyard Habitat Program can provide expert landscaping advice that can also help conserve water. Learn how others have done this:
Gardens That Require Little Water or Time