Water Conservation Tips
Wasting less water in our homes and yards also saves energy and money on utility bills and improves the quality of our water resources.
Water Conservation Products
Consume 30% less water at home by installing:
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow toilets -Toilet Rebate Program
- Energy efficient dishwashers
- Front-loading washing machines
To request a water conservation kit, email Robin.Pederson@GreshamOregon.gov or call 503-618-2130.
Indoor Water-Saving Tips
- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth.
- Don’t let water run.
- Take shorter showers, about five minutes.
- Fill the bathtub half full. It’s enough to get you nice and clean.
- Check for and fix leaky toilets, pipes, or faucets: Fix a Leak
- Run the dishwasher and the washing machine with full loads only.
- If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running.
- Don’t let the faucet run while you clean food.
- Install water-saving shower heads or faucet aerators.
Outdoor Water-Saving Tips
- Water in the morning when it’s not hot.
- Don’t hose down the sidewalk or driveway; use a broom.
- Water grass only when it needs it; deep soak the lawn with 1-inch of water weekly.
- Cover pools and spas to stop evaporation.
- Plant native and drought-resistant trees and plants.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
- Check for leaks on outside faucets.
For resources on native plants, email Robin.Pederson@GreshamOregon.gov or call 503-618-2130.
The City is a member of the Regional Water Providers Consortium that provides information to homeowners on: