Water Conservation Tips
Gresham is blessed with clean drinking water. It's important we respect and protect this invaluable resource. There are a number of ways to save water, and they all start with you.
Water Conservation Products
Consume 30% less water at home by installing:
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow toilets -Toilet Rebate Program
- Energy efficient dishwashers
- Front-loading washing machines
To request a water conservation kit, email Robin.Pederson@GreshamOregon.gov or call 503-618-2130.
Indoor Water-Saving Tips
- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth.
- Don’t let water run.
- Take shorter showers, about five minutes.
- Fill the bathtub half full. It’s enough to get you nice and clean.
- Check for and fix leaky toilets, pipes, or faucets: Seek a Leak
- Run the dishwasher and the washing machine with full loads only.
- If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running.
- Don’t let the faucet run while you clean food.
- Install water-saving shower heads or faucet aerators.
Outdoor Water-Saving Tips
- Water in the morning when it’s not hot.
- Don’t hose down the sidewalk or driveway; use a broom.
- Water grass only when it needs it; deep soak the lawn with 1-inch of water weekly.
- Cover pools and spas to stop evaporation.
- Plant native and drought-resistant trees and plants.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
- Check for leaks on outside faucets.
For resources on native plants, email Robin.Pederson@GreshamOregon.gov or call 503-618-2130.
The City is a member of the Regional Water Providers Consortium that provides information to homeowners on: