Wasting less water in our homes and yards also saves energy and money on utility bills and improves the quality of our water resources.
Available Products and Rebates
Consume 30% less water at home by installing high-efficiency:
While supplies last, showerheads now available for businesses, multi-family property owners and schools. Contact GreatBiz@GreshamOregon.gov or 503-618-2525 to claim yours.
To request a free water savings kit, email Robin.Pederson@GreshamOregon.gov or call 503-618-2130.
Indoor Water-Saving Tips
- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth.
- Take shorter showers.
- Fill the bathtub half full. It’s enough to get you nice and clean.
- Check for and fix leaky toilets, pipes, or faucets: Fix a Leak
- Run the dishwasher and the washing machine with full loads only.
- If you wash dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running.
- Install water-saving shower heads or faucet aerators.
Outdoor Water-Saving Tips
- Spruce Up Your Sprinkler
- Water in the morning when it’s not hot.
- Don’t hose down the sidewalk or driveway; use a broom.
- Use the Weekly Watering Number widget to determine how much water your lawn needs;
measure sprinkler output with a tuna can.
- Cover pools and spas to stop evaporation.
- Plant native and drought-resistant trees and plants.
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants.
- Check for leaks on outside faucets.
The City is a member of the Regional Water Providers Consortium.