Food and Beverage Carts
The City Council voted Oct. 1 to approve Code amendments that change rules and processes for Food and Beverage Carts and Temporary Uses. The enactment reading occurred Nov. 5. The Code is scheduled to take effect Dec. 5.
View Food and Beverage Carts Code amendments.
View Temporary Uses Code amendments.
Existing Food and Beverage Carts and Interim Uses (such as Agricultural Product Sales stands) that have a current Temporary Use permit as of Dec. 5 will be exempt from some of the new rules. Existing carts and Interim Uses that do not have a current Temporary Use permit as of Dec. 5 must comply with all the new rules.
Contact the Planner on Duty for information about applying.
The Food and Beverage Carts project will develop clear rules and processes for carts on private property (not on streets and sidewalks) based on community expectations about the role of carts in Gresham.
The rules will:
- Address appropriate time, place and manner in which carts operate
- Address cart and property appearance
- Protect public health, safety and the environment consistent with federal, state, regional and local codes
- Ensure fees are appropriate for the level of review and impacts on infrastructure
- Be clear to staff and clearly communicated to potential and current food cart operators and property owners where food carts locate
- Be enforceable considering the City's Code Compliance resource limitations
This is a component of the Development Code Improvement Project (DCIP), which is on the Council Work Plan. It will be coordinated with the related Temporary Uses component of the DCIP project.
Be sure to share your thoughts and ideas with staff about this project or the Temporary Uses project by using our comment form.
Stay Current on Project Development
If you would like to receive periodic updates on this project, please contact Brian Martin at 503-618-2266 or Brian.Martin@GreshamOregon.gov.
View project documents and meeting materials.
Brian Martin, Associate Planner