Free Sandbag Station for Gresham Residents
See our short how-to video on using the City's sandbag station.
Gresham homeowners needing sandbags to protect property from flooding or flows because of the rain may access the City's free, fill-your-own sandbag station.
- The sandbag station is open for use at the Operations Center at 2123 S.E. Hogan Rd.
- The sandbag station is open 24 hours and provides bags, sand and shovels to Gresham residents for home or private use only.
- Sandbags are not available for commercial or contractor consumption.
- Citizens are responsible for the sandbags after use; public works crews do not dispose or retrieve them.
Tips for Heavy Rains
As winter weather transitions to rain, stormdrains may become overwhelmed. It is critical that street drains are cleared to prevent flooding and traveling hazards.
- If a stormdrain is blocked with leaves or debris, residents and businesses are asked to drag a rake across the stormdrain for immediate drainage.
- Gresham Fire and Emergency Services reminds commercial building owners with flat roofs to make sure all drains are free of leaves and other debris to allow proper drainage from the roofs to prevent possible collapse from the heavy weight.
If rainwater on the street is creating a hazard or flooding call the City's Operations Center at 503-618-2626 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. After hours and on the weekends call 503-661-3906.
Stormdrain Cleaning Assistance Program
Inclement Weather Information