Skip sidebar navigation

Public Information Requests

Per Oregon law, City of Gresham records are available for inspection and/or copying by the public, unless exempted by state statute.

How to get records

Select and submit a request one of two ways.

Read the public records fee schedule.


Submit an online Police records request for accident reports, photographs, background checks, body-worn camera recordings, and crime activity dispatch reports. For Police records request questions, contact or 503-618-2318.


Submit a Fire records request.


Christina Still at or 503-618-2697 for assistance.

Types of records available

Building Permit or Inspections Records

Types of records available

  • Building permit history
  • Building permit inspection history
  • Building permit inspection results
  • Certificates of occupancy
  • Approved plans
  • Building code violation cases and inspections
Code Compliance Records

Types of records available

Exterior property code violations, such as:

  • Grafitti
  • Overgrown vegetation
  • Accumulation of debris, garbage or junk
  • Sidewalks
Development Applications or Planning Records

Types of records available

  • Design review
  • Planning Commission
  • Hearings officer
  • Pre-application conferences
  • Conditions of approval
  • Plan map amendments
  • Comprehensive plan amendments
  • Street vacations
  • Tree removal
  • Zoning verification letters
  • Temporary use
  • Variances
  • Zoning code violations
  • Plats and subdivisions
Development Engineering Records

Types of records available

Development engineering records are primarily related to privately financed public improvements. These include public water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation and parks improvements required to be built as part of a private development application.

Economic Development Records

Types of records available

Economic Development will respond to requests regarding traded sector and/or economic development projects and programs.

Environmental Services: Parks, Public Works, Transportation Records

Types of records available

  • Transportation, including signals, curbs and sidewalks
  • Wastewater, including Gresham's wastewater treatment plant
    • Septic system records in Multnomah County are maintained by the City of Portland.
    • Underground oil tank records are maintained by the State of Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
  • Water
  • Stormwater
  • Recycling and solid waste, including garbage hauler information
  • Parks
Financial Records

Types of records available

  • Utilities
  • Winter water average
  • Utility fees
  • Utility services
  • Accounts payable and receivable
  • Unclaimed funds
  • Budget
  • Financial reports
  • Business licenses
  • Finance Committee
  • Lodging taxes
  • Purchasing
  • Liens
  • Payroll
Fire Records

Fill out a Gresham Fire Department public records request. and email it to

Types of records available

  • Fire reports
  • Medical reports (must be requested from a person listed on the report with identification or via subpoena, and/or with signed documentation stating they can obtain these records)
  • Hazardous materials
  • Underground/above-ground storage tanks
  • Property history for developed commercial buildings (any outstanding issues)

For more information about Fire records, email or call 503-618-2355.

Information Technology Records

Information about technology services.

Mayor and Council Records

Types of records available

  • Council agenda materials
  • Resolutions
  • Ordinances
  • Council orders
Media Requests

Members of the media can make a public records request by sending a written request directly to

Personnel/Employee Records

Types of records available

  • Employee data
  • Union data
Police Records

Submit an online Police reports and records request

Types of records available

  • Accident reports
  • Background checks (local only with photo identification)
  • Body-worn camera recordings
  • Crime activity dispatch reports
  • General Police Department questions and referrals
  • Photographs
  • Towed vehicle information
  • Vehicle releases
  • Visa letters (local background check only, on site with photo identification)

For more information about these types of records, contact or 503-618-2318. 

For all other police-related records, submit a public records request.

Rental Housing Inspection Program Records

Types of records available

  • Property maintenance inspection reports
  • Complaint inspection reports
  • Exterior property inspection results
  • Interior unit inspection results
  • Violation notices and checklists
  • Rental housing liens
Rockwood/Urban Renewal Records

Types of records available

  • Asia Kitchen Restaurant lease of 18801 E. Burnside St.
  • Gresham Redevelopment Commission
  • Gresham Redevelopment Commission Advisory Committee
  • Gresham Redevelopment Commission Budget Committee
  • Latino Network lease of 312 SE 165th Ave.
  • Rockwood Rising Project (Downtown Rockwood)
  • Sunrise Center lease of 18901 E. Burnside St
  • Rockwood-West Gresham Renewal Plan
  • Urban Renewal accomplishments